Tuesday, January 9, 2007

You can do it!

Over the weekend, I decided I was going to do a triathlon. That sounds so crazy, doesn't it? (Please tell me no.)

Patrick and Kent are training for an olympic triathlon this summer and I've been trying to keep up with Patrick as he trains. So, Carol told me I should train for one this summer and she would do the race with me. It took a little convincing, but I agreed. This is the first time I've ever trained for anything. The only time I've seen a triathlon was when Carol and Kent did one a few years ago and I stopped by to see them. So, I'm pretty much a beginner in a very naive way.

Swim 300 meter, Bike 16 miles, Run 3 miles...give or take.

I'm mostly concerned about the swim. I can hold my own in water, but to swim lap after lap seems a little much for me. We are going to get a membership to the YMCA in Indiana so we can train for the swim. Not to mention the machines are a bit better than the ones our apartment complex offers. Training is hard. We workout a lot and there is a lot of pushing yourself. We want to be able to do the required amount of swimming, biking and running about a month or two before the race.

I am pretty nervous about doing the triathlon, but I'm really excited for the goal. I want to at least finish the race. It would be nice to do it in a decent time, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Now that I've blogged about doing a triathlon, I have to do it.

This is what I tell myself when I workout: I want to do the triathlon. I want to do the triathlon. I will be ok. I will be ok. I will make it. I will make it. I will make it. I will make it. I can do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Can Do It!!!!! I am so proud of you Ash!!!

Mom