Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Carol's 57th Birthday

Monday was Carol's birthday. We thought it would be fun to take her out to dinner. It's been several years since we've been able to celebrate birthday's with our families, so we really wanted to do something!
It's nice that Carol and Frank are just down the road 30 minutes. It makes for easy get togethers. So, they met us at our house and then we went to Benjamin's. It's my favorite restaurant in town. It's a casual/dressy (whatever you want, they don't care) restaurant in a beautiful old Victorian home. It's a great atmosphere. I love going on dates there! Plus, their food is made to order and they filet is wonderful!
Anyways, I made reservation for 6 and there we were. I told our waitress, in secret, that it was Carol's birthday. I think that no matter how old or young you are, it's always fun to have them bring you a dessert with a candle in it and sing very loudly to you. Perfect! This is a picture of Carol after they sat the dessert (which happened to be tiramisu...we shared!) on the table, she was quite embarrassed!

Dinner was great and we were ready to head over to the Meadows. It is the best ice cream place in town and it just so happens to be within walking distance of our townhouse. I'm serious, it's way too close! It was only appropriate to give Carol as much sugar and dessert as she wanted, it was her birthday!After it was all said and done, we had a great evening and I think Carol was blessed by her birthday outing. Over dinner, Carol and I decided that our birthday's should be world-wide holidays. How great would that be?! I really do love birthdays!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Birthday's should be a big deal!!!