Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thoughts on Isaiah 40...

I'm grateful that the Lord is an Everlasting God. He is the Creator of the ends of the earth. He is my God, my Shepherd. He will guide me, carry me, hold me and lead me. These truths are so vital to me right now. I must continually remind myself that I'm not in control; that I serve a God Who is mighty to save, He does not grow weary or tired. He is always ready, always available and always in control. How silly of me to think otherwise.

There is comfort in knowing that God is the creator of the ends of the earth because He knows where everything begins and ends. He knows every breath I'll breathe until my last, He knows each hair on my head, He knows what will make me hurt and cry, He know what will make me laugh and smile.

If the nations are like a drop in a bucket, like dust, then how much smaller and more unworthy am I? But God, He won't abandon me to the grave. He won't leave me. Even in my sinfulness, even in my wretched, angry, selfish ways, He will not go away. He will not cave in. He will not leave me to rot. No, my God will scoop me up in His arms of love and carry me close to His heart until I have gained strength in Him. And even then, He may carry me still...just to because He can.

My God is not equal to anyone, anything. He cannot be compared to anything in this world. He is not made from the hands of man. He is not fashioned from wood, gold or silver. He is a God of love, grace, mercy and justice. He was before the beginning of the world. He is and will always be. He knows the name of each star in the sky, not a single star is missing. If He knows where each star is, surely He knows where I am. He knows why I'm here. He knows what I'm going through. He knows.

Although things on this earth will fade away, the Word of our God stands forever! Even when all things have gone away, even when there is nothing left, God's word will still be powerful, relevant and trustworthy.

Oh yes, I am grateful that this God is my God. I'm grateful that He knows my name. This God isn't just any God. He is my hope. He is the reason I can go on. He is my Shepherd. This God, He is my Father.

No comments: