Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Big Screen TV's

Patrick says a lot of funny things. I wish I would record more of them. Anyways....

Tonight we had a surprise going away party for one of the girls who works in the coffee shop. It was great to celebrate her and hang out with everyone. Patrick got to meet a bunch of people that I already knew and that was fun too. I love when we can know the same people and hang out with them :)

Patrick met three guys that he really enjoyed talking to and was excitedly telling me things they talked about on the way home: guns, war, church, God and paintball. Ah...man things, Patrick things. Patrick started going on and on about man movies and having a guy night.

He mentioned that I would be around and I volunteered to find a friend to stay with. It was then that he started talking about TV's and Band of Brothers (his favorite movie/mini series). I knew it was going down the wrong road when he replied to my willingness to leave, "Yeah, you'll leave. It's man night." Then came the statement that I couldn't help but share..."Oh honey. We need to get a big screen TV... it's for ministry."

Riiiiiiiiight. Man movie night ministry....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord! It's a man thing, Ash. Remember on moving day he said, "Honey, we need to get a flat screen TV!", now it's going to be a BIG flat screen TV. I love that Patrick! I guess there IS a little boy in all men. I can't wait to see the new TV. :)

Erin said...

Well, I guess I've used shopping as "Women's Ministry" so guys should have theirs, too!

Anonymous said...

Lol! That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

ooooooohh. I can't believe Tommy hasn't put that together yet.

If I don't get a chance to tell you, GOOD LUCK this weekend!!! You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear the results, oh the anticipation...