Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A little catching up... you should get a snack and hot tea, this is a long one

Ah, it was nice to celebrate Christmas with friends and family in Morgantown. However, it's so nice to be home. Although we stayed in one city this year, the back and forth of things can get so exhausting. We had a wonderful time, though, and were so blessed to enjoy Christmas this year and not endure it.

Me snuggling with Aveny...
Aveny Rue... I love you!

Christmas Eve was spent mostly with my family. We did make a little stop to see Cayla, David and Aveny. I was SOOOO excited to see them and snuggle little Aveny. She is so precious and I love every inch of her - and she's not even my own (although, I am her aunt Ashley ::grin:: )! It was really great to see the Garcia's and spend some time together! We spent the rest of the day with my family. Dinner and present opening with my mom, step dad, sister and gramma; then extended family from my mom's side stopped over for a bit; finally, we headed up to see my dad's family and spent about two hours with them before going home (home = Kent's).

Me and my sister...
Patrick opened a present, thinking it was for him (there was a "P" on the bag) and this is what he found! Turns out, it was for Piper :)
Opening gifts....
My mom's reaction to getting a new camera!

Patrick excited to get Cabela's gifts cards...
Me so very excited to get the small duffle in Mesa red, which has been retired. Yeah!

Christmas day was so relaxing! I made breakfast and we all enjoyed food together before opening presents. Since we were staying at Kent's, Christmas morning was spent with Patrick's family. Kent, Carol, Frank, Patrick and I exchanged gifts and enjoyed hanging out together. We played a mean round of Phase 10 and then got ready for dinner. My family came over to Kent's and we ALL enjoyed spending time together. I LOVE that our families like each other and that they all get along so nicely :) We got some surprise visitors from Frederick and were so excited when the Thompson's pulled into the drive way! We heard all about what Santa brought the girls and then the adults stayed up way too late playing games!

Me with the cinnamon rolls and the egg, ham and veggie casserole I made for breakfast... (also, where did my figure go?!)
Patrick and I...
I (we) made Kent a scrapbook for Christmas. I think he liked it.
Patrick was excited to get some hunting stuff and loved this duffle/fanny pack/carry all thing (I'm technical with my hunting terms, don't you know?!).

I got a new heart rate monitor and it's wonderful!
Dinner time and Kent posing for the camera...
Patrick chillin with the guitar and his camo cold pack bandana...
Uncle Patrick was so sweet to go outside with Cassidy and Jenna to shoot the BB gun Jenna got fom Christmas. Sidenote: Jenna is really good at shooting that thing!

The rest of our trip (Friday and Saturday) was pretty relaxed. We played games (and I won Settlers!!!), grabbed some food, met up with friends and watched a movie. We got Al's pizza (my favorite pizza!) and watched the WVU bowl game with some of Kent's friends. It was so wonderful and really was a great little vacation!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congrats for winning Settler's! Quite a feat! Did you do your crying trick to pull it off?
On another note, that adorable red bag looks perfect to me for your hospital bag!! Start packing that thing, baby!!