Friday, June 18, 2010

Song birds!

So, we painted our kitchen. Wait. First you should know that I have the most incredible and patient husband. Okay, now I was telling you about the kitchen.

It use to be dark brown. It made the kitchen look so small! I went to Lowe's and picked out a yellow that I thought would look great. We primed and painted and I didn't love the yellow at all. I mean, it was nice. But it wasn't - it.

I've been agonizing over the color of our kitchen for weeks. We went to Home Depot tonight and I found a color I really liked. When it came out a lot brighter than I hoped, the wonderful woman added more color to it to make the paint darker. You know what? It's perfect!

Now, it's a big step for me. My kitchen is now green. Note: it looks quite lime in this picture. I don't think it looks lime in real life. Although, I'm still in shock. Don't listen to a thing I say about color.

Oh boy. That's your sneak peek. I'm not sure if I love it yet. It makes me nervous. But it makes me really excited all at the same time. I immediately got online to see if I could find something to decorate and put on these grassy walls. Of course I found a thousand things I like. But these plates, well I had to have them...I love little birds. Plus, these plates incorporate all the colors in my kitchen. I think they'll be a great addition to the walls. I also have a cloth napkin that I got years ago (and now I want several, but alas I only have one) that I'm going to cut into squares and frame. Instant art!

I'll keep you updated on this crazy color and the decorations that go with it. Until then, I think I need to recover from the shock. I can't believe I just painted the kitchen pea green!!!

2 comments:

mama cindy said...

WOW!!! That's amazing! Can't wait to see the plates on the wall.

casey said...

I think the green is perfect!! So bold!