Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My hair...

I have a lot of thoughts on my hair. I could go on and on about this and that, but I won't. It's curly, naturally, and I've spent my entire life trying to figure it out.

It's been all over the place, length wise (and really I shed constantly, so I bet it is everywhere I've ever been). When I was 12 I got my hair cut short for the first time. It was awful. I looked like a mushroom and I've been fighting the mushroom look ever since :)

I grew it out {eventually} and also I haven't had bangs since 4th grade. After Patrick and I got married, I got a fabulous short hair cut and I loved it. But my sweet husband really loves my hair longer, so long it's been since I started growing out that fantastic bob! For two years, now, I've had pretty long hair that I wear straight more often than not. Having a child really takes away the fun of having curly hair. My hair is almost as high maintenance as Benjamin is!

But yesterday, I got my haircut. I went in with an idea. I went in with confidence! You see, I've never been one to worry about getting a hair cut. It's hair. It grows back. And I have so much hair that you can always hide something bad :) (for the most part because when you go to a chain strip mall place to get your haircut and the stylist does not speak English and you tell her that you want a trim and leave looking like a poodle with bangs...well, that's hard to hide)

Here is my point: I left the salon with super flat, sassy hair. I felt so hip. And you know I've always wanted to be hip :) I came home and washed my hair and styled it however I thought would work and voila! Also, I got long swoopy bangs. And I like that. That makes me feel hip.

Really I have nothing other to say than I got my haircut and I was super excited to get a different cut. Even Patrick liked it because it flips out on the ends. Bonus! All I have to show for this cut, though, are two pictures from my phone...

This is what I looked like after I left the salon:
And this is what my hair looked like after I washed and styled it. Also, I don't have make up on in this picture so I look a little rough :)
Ta-da! Aren't you glad I share my random life tidbits with y'all?! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

This is so funny, because JUST today I got my hair cut...and I got bangs toooo!!! ah! I went in with confidence and pictures, and vola I came out with a whole new look.

Even though we are miles a part, sometimes we think the same. I love your cut though, it is super cute on you. I am so glad you did it. :)

mama cindy said...

Love it!!

Nathan & Sarah said...

I think your hair looks great!

Jeannie said...

High Five Sister! You deserved a little salon break!! HAPPY BDAY PDAWG, BTW!!!