Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy heart..

Today my sweet little baby is 12 weeks old. I'm not too sure where the last 12 weeks have gone, but there's no getting them back. I can't believe it's already been three months {practically} since Andrew was born.

Today was also the day that Andrew went to the cardiologist to have his heart checked. When they did an ECHO when he was born, there was a small hole in his heart. The doctor wasn't sure it if was the "it will close up in a few weeks" kind or a "this could cause some problems" kind. Since he was borderline, a follow up appointment was highly encouraged.

So we went, obviously.

AR was a gem at the doctor's office. He weights 14.8 pounds and is 24.5 inches long. And didn't make a peep when they put the sticky things on, or when they took them off! The doctor listened to his heart and asked a few questions. He said everything sounded great, but it was up to me if I wanted to get an ECHO done again. I chose to have them look at his heart just to make sure the hole was cleared up. The other option was to go back in two months for a better look.

No need! The ECHO showed a beautiful, healthy, fast beating, miracle of a heart! The doctor told me I made the right choice in getting the ECHO today. And even let me know that I never needed to come back. Gladly! The doctor was fantastic, by the way. I would highly recommend him if anyone is looking for a pediatric cardiologist!

As a random side note: It was so great to spend some time alone with AR. A friend watched B for me {thank you, thank you, thank you!} so it was just me and my baby. Ugh! I love that boy! He's so sweet and his smile is so contagious! It was very good quality time for both of us!

So - good news all around! Andrew started laughing last week and has been "talking" non-stop the last few days. I love hearing him! I thought, for sure, that he wouldn't talk until 13 because of how much B talks. Not the case. But I suppose when you have a loud and active brother you need to make yourself known somehow! :)

And what would a post about my baby boy be without pictures?! Fear not, I took some at the doctors office!

Slightly annoyed, but not concerned...
SO sweet!
He loves blankies. Loves them.
A close-up :)

Annnnnnndddddd....a short picture tour of how AR has grown - with the bassinet as a growth chart :)

5 days old...
7.5 weeks...

12 weeks...

Isn't he sweet? And getting huge?! Okay. Need to sleep. It's precious these days, folks! :)

1 comment:

mama cindy said...

Great news!!! Precious little thing with all those wires....but at least he doesn't have to go through that again. Some quality time with just the two of you, nice. Thanks Amy!!!