Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Learning to wait...

The Lord and I have been wrestling intensely the last few weeks.  He's pursing me and leading me into the wilderness {see Hosea 2!} and I am resisting, recognizing sin and trying desperately to get my way.


This is a beautiful season, friends.


I'm learning to surrender. 


I'm learning to wait.  


And trust deeply.  And walk confidently.  


My faith,  my heart --  will never be the same.


I couldn't be more thankful.


These words have gotten me through this time, though:


"I would have despaired unless I believed in the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." -- Psalm 27:14


 At this very moment, my heart is overwhelmed my God's kindness and His grace.  I'm blown away by His faithfulness and love for me.  I'm in awe that He not only forgets my sin, but sees me only as righteous -- through the precious blood of Christ.  


I'm acutely aware of my sin these days.  And it breaks my heart.  And makes me cling to Jesus.


But I'm even more aware of grace.  Sweet, sweet, amazing grace -- that saved a wretch like me.


That makes waiting possible.  And worth it.  And hopeful.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I so can relate, sweet girl! God's grace is a precious, precious thing that is so evidenced in your life! Press on, sister!!!