Friday, May 19, 2006

Green thumbs

This spring (ish, summer) Patrick and I wanted to plant a garden. But seeing that it can get quite expensive and requires a lot of time, we vetoed that idea and moved on. We planted a tomato plant and a bell pepper plant in pots that sit beautifully on our back patio. Each day we water them and do our best to take care of them.

I have to admit that I didn't think they would last too long since I've not had a great track record with plants...and keeping them alive. But they are alive indeed and growing away!
Here are some pictures of our "pride and joy"... so little, but so wonderful to us!










I also planted some "Morning Glories" in our back yard. I was becoming very discouraged with them because they just grew vines and started climbing. I wanted pretty flowers! But after several weeks, I opened the back door and the flowers had come! They are gorgeous! Well, I think they are!

Maybe next year we can work on a whole garden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your plants look great! You are going to have a garden one day that your Grandpa Pringle would be proud of and of course me too. I haven't even planted my tomatoe's yet.