Sunday, July 16, 2006

Words

As the world has been raging on around me, I have found a sweet place to run and hide. This past week has been emotional and confusing, but God has been faithful and loving. I found myself completely humbled before the Lord with words of honesty, pain and fear. The book of Hosea has been a refuge for me. The Lord has graciously met me there day after day. Hosea 2 has been especially precious to me. I wrote this today in an effort to get everything out and glorify the Lord.

"Confused and restless, angry and proud;
I feel all alone. How could you leave me now?
My heart is breaking, fears revealed;
My sin is haunting me as my eyes fill with tears.
Impatient, unfaithful and lost in this world.
Chasing my lovers and searching for gold.
Worn and weary from walking on hot coals.
Outstretched arms looking for someone to hold.

Hopeful and humbled as I look up at You;
Allured to the wilderness by a God so true.
Grateful, broken, I can't comprehend.
Show me Yourself, give me Your hand.
Guide me and teach me, show me the way.
Oh Lord, more of You all of my days.

You've turned my trouble into a place of hope.
You've called me and carried me and spoke tender words.
My Husband, my Love, God of truth...
Reveal Yourself as in the days of my youth.
Betroth me forever, plant me in Your land,
Call me beloved and I'll call You I AM.

You all should really read Hosea 2 sometime. Praise Him.

No comments: