Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving time

We spent Thanksgiving with Patrick's parents and we had a lot of fun. I learned how to make pie crust from scratch, cook a turkey and make gravy. It was quite a day of learning for me. Plus, I made (if I may say so) some incredible sauteed green beans.

We used Carol's grandmothers china, so it was sweet to have that family heritage. It was the first time she had used them, which made it even more special. Uncle John, Aunt Eileen and their daughter Laura also came over for dinner. It was a nice family event!
It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone and the Christmas season is upon us. I can't help but be excited at the thought of having our family around us for Christmas. It's been quite some time and we are thrilled to be with everyone this year. Even better, Christmas Eve is at our house!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table!! And what a special time with family. I know you enjoyed that very much.
Erin C.