Thursday, December 7, 2006

Nina, pretty ballerina...she is the queen of the dancing floor...

I really enjoyed being a dancer. I loved the feel of it, the way of it. I still enjoy dancing and would love to take lessons again. Even so, I would love to teach a 3 or 4 year old dance class. Any older than that, and they will be better than I am.

Anyways, many great things came from being a dancer. I won't go into it all, but it was a wonderful activity for me and I miss it greatly. Today, the thing I appreciate about dancing and being a dancer is this: dance tights. It is cold here. In fact, it began snowing about an hour ago and there is already accumulation. That means it's really cold. The dance tights are helpful because I am always freezing. My jeans barely keep me warm and I have to layer excessively to stay at a comfortable tempterature. The tights are a wonderful thing because I can layer them under most pants and they help me stay warm.

I had forgotten that I even had dance tights until last night when I was going through a basket of unknowns (meaning, I had no idea what was in the basket) and found my old leotards and dance tights. So, this morning before taking Piper for his bathroom break, I slipped the dance tights on, put on some jeans and managed to stay a bit warmer while making sure our dog did his business.

There are other ways that I appreciate my dancing days, for sure, but today the tights take top spot! Plus, I feel like I should be dancing around the house as I clean and wrap presents and that certainly makes anyones day a little brighter!

(Thank you to ABBA for providing a song about a ballerina. That song will be in my head all day long!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand"

lol! Love ya!