Friday, January 26, 2007

Sweet Jesus

"Crucify! Crucify!" How hard it is to read those words, to wonder what You felt when You heard the crowd scream against You. How grateful I am of Your determination to do the will of the Father. How humbled I am that it was for my life that You were put to death. How joyful I am that You rose again, conquering sin and death. How broken I am that I too scream against You, that my voice raises louder and louder, "Crucify! Crucify!", every time I sin. How unworthy I am to be Yours, to be whole, to be pure...because of You.

May not one more day pass that I am not truly, humbly and joyfully at Your feet with a grateful and broken heart. May I no longer yell, "Crucify!", but "Christ has risen! Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! He is my Beloved and I am His!"



Sweet Jesus, You are all that I need. You're more than I can fathom.
You humble me, my Lord.

No comments: