Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tea for two


For the past several days, I have spent countless hours searching online for a tea set. (how sad is that?!) I've wanted a tea set for some time now. The thought of a friend coming over and having a cup of tea with me really makes me smile.

However, while "tea for two" set are available, I am having a difficult time finding the right set. I want it to be dainty and girly, but practial enough for every day use. I drink tea in the morning now, as a lighter alternative to coffee, so I obviously want something useable. The tea pot pictured is my favorite so far, but it comes with four cups and not two. This may not be a huge deal to you, but it is to me as four is much more expensive that two. :)

I have several choices so far, and I can't seem to narrow them down. Do I want red? cream? blue? Do I want china? cast iron? pottery? Should it be decorated or plain? How many ounces do I want it to hold? Do I like the cups/mugs it that come with the set? Should I just forget about it and move on with my life? So many things to think about.

I will say that PA has a lot of tea houses and I'm very excited about exploring and trying them out. I love having tea at tea houses. It's so girly and so fun. If anyone wants to come along on my next tea house adventure, please let me know. Visiting a tea house alone is really no fun.

1 comment:

jm said...

OK, girl, here's a "must" to go with your tea set. It's called "If Teacups Could Talk" by Emilie Barnes. You can get it at christianbook.com -- it just fits! jm