Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Today is Tuesday

I finally made a weekly schedule to follow. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. So, today is Tuesday: Cleaning Day/Ashley Day. I like days for me!

Unsure of how to spend my "me time" I printed off a few sudoko puzzles (I'm addicted, more on that later) and headed over to the Commonplace coffee house. Cute little place, full of college students and laptops. Not to mention that they have a large coffee bean roaster INSIDE this little coffee shop. Very cool to watch.

Anyways, I had a lovely time drinking my chai tea latte, reading the newspaper and doing the sudoko puzzle. I met my friend Katie's friend (is that weird?), Al today. She is very nice and works at the coffee shop. It will be nice to talk to someone when I go get coffee there. It was also nice to talk to someone today. It really does make a difference.

While I was inside, toasty and warm, it was snowing outside. I didn't think much of it, as I was completely caught up in sudoko. I heard several people coming in, making a fuss about the snow being so crazy and walking through a "white out". I love the snow and missed it terribly while we were in Texas, so I chuckled and carried on with my business. The time came for me to leave, so I gathered up my stuff and headed outside....only to find a 1/2 inch of snow on my car!!!! What! I did not think that "white out" meant "accumulation".

I will tell you, I was very annoyed. As much as I "love the snow and missed it terribly", I do not under too many circumstances enjoy cleaning the snow off of my car. I did it before I left for the coffee shop, not thinking I would have to do it again. I did. I had to start my car, grab the brush and scrapper and wipe the snow off of my windows...again. I was happy to see snow on our sidewalk again, so it all worked out in the end.

Next Tuesday, I think I will go back to the Common Place coffee house and do another sudoko puzzle. Also, I think I will figure out my favorite color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, please write a book! I love reading your blog - it is so amusing :-) See ya thursday