Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhh

I just got back from two hours of wonderful relaxation. Patrick surprised me with a spa trip! He acted like he didn't know who wrote "2:30 - Woods Spa - 2 hours" in my planner and sent me on my way. I didn't know what to expect since I had not been there before, but after today I will happily go back.

When I arrived at The Woods Spa, I walked into a beautiful cedar home nestled in the woods. (It was just 15 minutes away from our house. I had no idea!) I sat on a couch, filled out some papers and then was led into a room to change into my swimsuit (Patrick mentioned that he thought I should bring it, just in case...so I was prepared). Then, I was taken to an outdoor, single person hot tub. I relaxed in there for 15 minutes, then was brought back inside to a warm room. I spent the next hour on a warm massage table. I was getting a hot stone Swedish massage. It was incredible! I've never been so relaxed during a massage. I think I even fell asleep because at one point I thought Piper was coming up to me to lick my head, but it was just the girl massaging me :)

After the massage was over (so sad) I was lead to the living room area. They had an area with refreshments...hot drinks, apples, cookies, M&M's and more! I sat on a couch in front of a fireplace and was served apple pie and chocolate ice cream. After I paid, I made some chai and drank it leisurely, because I could. It was so nice and so relaxing. I am so blessed that my husband does spontaneous things like this for me. I love surprises and I love being pampered! He is so sweet and so wonderful!

No comments: