Friday, April 20, 2007

Words from Titus

"But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. " - Titus 3:4-7, NASB

This verse really stuck out to me the other day when I was reading. I couldn't help but read it over and over again. I'm SO grateful for God's word. It's intentional, it's powerful, it's relevant, it's His. I couldn't ask for more than that. I'm undeserving of God's love, but He pours so much over me again and again.

That's just like my God, always being better to me than I deserve.

No comments: