Saturday, August 11, 2007

Deviled eggs

Today, we are having a cookout. It's a house warming*thank you for helping us move*nice to meet you cook out. I've spent the majority of the last two days getting ready. I made cookies, pasta salad, baked beans, and a tomato/ cucumber salad. I even helped a friend make jam!

I've enjoyed this preparation. I, in fact, enjoy preparing for any event that involves people. I really do love to entertain. I've cleaned my house, I've made the lemonade. The cups and plates are all ready. Now, I'm ready for my friends to get here!

However, there is one thing that is causing me to lose patience today. That thing is called deviled eggs. I like them, you like them. Patrick loves them and so does his friend, Phil. I enjoy eating the leftover yellow goo you make to put in the middle. BUT I really, really, really dislike peeling the egg.

A few things I've found out, today, about making deviled eggs:
*Fresh eggs are good to use, but make sure they are 10 to 14 days old to make peeling easier.
*As soon as you're done boiling the eggs, drain them and put them in ice water. This also makes peeling easier.

This information would have been helpful yesterday. I've learned how to make hard boiled eggs so the middle does not turn green. I've even learned to use the water in my plants because it's full of nutrients plants need. But I've not learned, until today, how to best peel these wonderful treats.

So off I go to peel eight more eggs. At least I know why my eggs aren't peeling perfectly and that makes it just a little bit more bearable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I crack the egg, then peel them with a teaspoon, turned upside down, under a running faucet. fawcet? no, I think it's faucet. anywho...

Anonymous said...

Poor Ashley! :(

Anyway, they tasted great!

Jeannie said...

You have now officially covered every topic under the sun on this blog! :)

p.s. did you sprinkle paprika or chili powder?????