Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Greek food.

I've not eaten a lot of Greek food in my life. However, when I did eat it I enjoyed it. Today was "international food day" at Patrick's work. They occasionally do fun things like that. So we knew for quite some time about this day and then last night Patrick says, "so what are you making for international food day"?

Good question. I did a little online searching and then narrowed down my ethnic choices. Greek won out in the end because my mouth started to water every time I read a recipe. I ran to Giant Eagle at 9pm to get a few "Greek" things. When I woke up this morning, I got straight to work. Making rice, soaking tomatoes, dicing garlic, measuring spices...well, kind of measuring.

When the recipe was finished, I grinned proudly at my ethnic concoction. Gleefully, I scooped out a bit and tried this little dish. It was incredible! I was so pleased. Not only did I make more when I got home from running errands, I lined up eight days this month for Greek dinners! Woohoo!

I just have to share this recipe from Cooking Light...(yes, it's pretty healthy too!) But, the site isn't working right now. Check back for the updated post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm....I can't wait to try it. Love you!