Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas time is here....

Over the weekend, Patrick and I put up our Christmas tree. On Friday the guys went shooting, so I took advantage of the time alone and put up our Christmas decorations. On Saturday, we went to the farm and searched for the perfect tree. It took a while because I was slightly picky about the size this year. It appeared and we chopped it down and carried it back to Patrick's truck.

I love decorating the tree. It's always been something Patrick and I enjoy doing together and it's a great tradition to carry on through the years. We make hot chocolate, listen to Christmas music and talk about our ornaments. From our very first trip together (as in, the honeymoon), we've bought a Christmas ornament. So there is one from Europe, Cape Cod, Texas, Tortola... you get the idea :) It always makes for a fun time to remember those trips and the awesome things we've done together!

Anyways, here are some pictures of our tree decorating time!

Patrick bringing the tree in...
Please don't make fun of the fact that I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I just love decorating the tree and stood in a terrible position for the picture :)
Patrick is also enjoying hanging bulbs on the tree...apparently.
Bringing in the hot chocolate!
The finished product!
Us, sitting on the couch, admiring our freshly decorated tree...
A final picture. Looking at the tree from the couch. I really should have stood up to get the whole tree :)

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Next year, I want you to ship me a tree from the farm. They're SO PURTY! Ours is from the hunting land, but it's not as full and gorgeous as yours.

I like the bow on top, I might steal that idea.

You put the "great" in "great with child" :) I mean that in a very complimentary way!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the tree! You look adorable

Erin said...

My favorite is the Texas ornament. I'm glad we're not forgotten!!