Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ashley's Pregnancy Top 10's

Top 10 reasons I enjoy pregnancy:
1. Baby kicks
2. Pulling the pregnancy card and getting what I want :)
3. Knowing that God is working a miracle in my body!
4. Hearing the heartbeat
5. Learning more about my body
6. It continually brings me to my knees in prayer/praying for this baby
7. Fulfilling cravings (which are currently fruit, salads, sweet potatoes & chocolate milkshakes. Oh, and the occasional potato chip ::grin:: )
8. Getting to watch my belly move and feel it from the inside at the same time!
9. Growing with Patrick as we bond with our baby
10. Knowing in 94 days (give or take) I'll get to hold, love, snuggle and care for this baby boy with all my heart!

Top 10 things that I don't enjoy about pregnancy:
1. My back hurting all the time
2. How tired I am, and how quickly it happens.
3. Not being able to bend over without grunting
4. Having no control over what my body is doing
5. Not being able to work out as intensely
6. Dependency on others to help me with things
7. Round ligament pain
8. Constipation
9. Not being able to sleep through the night
10. Headaches


Top 10 Boy names that I like:
1. Owen
2. Benjamin
3. Carter
4. Roan
5. William
6. Jackson
7. Levi
8. Patrick (although Patrick doesn't want a jr...)
9. Samuel
10. Henry


Top 10 things that I think the baby will say when it comes out of the womb:
1. No
2. Piper
3. Drop it!
4. Stupid dog
5. Patrick
6. Dark or light? room for cream?
7. Baaaabyyyyy?!?!
8. I love you
9. Do you think it's okay if I....
10. Ouch.

Top 10 things I think this little one is doing inside of me:
1. Building a fort
2. Pretending to be superman
3. Digging a tunnel
4. Trying to get out
5. crawling
6. lunges
7. Pretending to roll down a hill
8. Practicing his punches
9. Dancing
10. Sleeping (I like when this happens after one of the above mentioned moves)


Top 10 things that have changed drastically in pregnancy:
1. My waistline
2. My sex drive
3. My eye sight
4. My ability to think clearly
5. My emotional state
6. My communication skills (which I think has gotten better... we can ask P to clarify)
7. My efficiency
8. My motivation
9. Did I say the ability to think clearly?
10. My mood - I laugh more, I have fun more, I don't take too much personally. Being pregnant (and OFF of fertility drugs) has done wonders for my personality!

Ah, a little pregnancy humor and truth - intertwined. It's incredible how much is changing and how quickly I let it pass by. Just a few short months and I'll be a momma. That's amazing to me...

3 comments:

Jason and Sarah said...

YOu just reminded me of so many things I experienced during pregnancy! Fun stuff!

Jeannie said...

one vote for Benjamin, the Reid name that never was to be...

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Love you!