Thursday, January 22, 2009

Morgantown Baby Shower

On Saturday, my mom and sister threw me a baby shower. It was wonderful and I felt so loved! There were 36 people there and it was a wonderful variety of family and friends. Despite the cold and snow, all of these great ladies came out to celebrate our baby! We are so blessed!

We got a lot of clothes, gift cards and some things from our registry. I felt like I was opening presents for hours :) We had delicious cake (from the same place that made our wedding cake!), chicken minis from Chick fil a (that was all my sister because we LOVE those tasty things!), and all kinds of other snacks. Oh, my friends, I can't tell you how beautiful the shower was or how great it made me feel. So, I'll share some pictures with you (and there are a lot of pictures!).

When we came home Patrick and I took everything to the nursery and I showed him all of our great gifts! Then, I couldn't help myself, I spent the next two days doing baby laundry and organizing our baby's (very) little room. I can't wait for him to get here!!

The present table!
Little boy onesies... so cute!
Opening...
Yeah! A monitor!
I LOVED this shark hooded towel!
"Mommy and Me, two peas in a pod" onesie. I love little pea pods!
Opening... (with punch at my side)
A handmade quilt. I should add that the woman who made this quilt for our little man, made ME a quilt when I was oh so little.
Still smiling, although I was quite tired at this point. Who knew opening presents when your pregnant was such hard work! I'm glad my mom was there to help!
My sister, my mom and me...
Allllll done!
My Grandma Royce, me, and my Gramma Pringle.
The craziness of the nursery once we looked through everything! Don't worry it's in much better order now (since nesting has OBVIOUSLY kicked in). But you won't get a peek at that until I get a few more things done!!!

Thank you, mom and Bethany, for a wonderful shower!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

GOOD TIMES!! Wow, are you loaded or what?!?! (Patrick on the machine last night: "hello the reids.......this is the patrick...") :)

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome! :) I loved doing it and loved having Bethany help with it.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Norah will be delighted that you liked her shark towel! Glad you enjoyed the shower, wish we could've been there with you. Hugs to you!
Beth Chase