Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nursery Tour and Updates...

*The baby has dropped. It's quite uncomfortable, but I can eat a lot more than before. That's nice, in a way. I do have to go to the bathroom more often and walking for any length of time can get awkward and uncomfortable. But I love knowing that my body is doing what it's suppose to as it prepares for little Benjamin to come out into the world!

*Patrick just got back from skiing in CO with one of his very good friends. He had an awesome time (MJR - I'm guessing Aaron did too ::Grin::) and was always so giddy when I talked with him. He was a little sore, but mainly refreshed. I'm SO glad he was able to go and get away for a weekend. It did his soul good.

*I got a new lens for my camera. It's wonderful and I love it. I can't wait to use it more often.

*Thank you notes are great, but not in excess. Writing 40 of them over the weekend was not my favorite thing, but I was thankful so I wrote them. (I'm not sure how I happily did over 200 for our wedding...hummm)

*This is kinda crazy (and quite random), but... I think I like diet pepsi OVER diet coke. Now, hear me out. I've always enjoyed diet coke and get it when it's available (my father in law, however, will argue that it will kill you...as he did last night). BUT I went out to dinner on Sunday evening (I was tired of cooking for myself ::grin::) and they only had pepsi products and I just wanted something fizzy. Maybe it's a little less sweet, maybe they taste exactly the same to some people, but to me I enjoyed the diet pepsi. When it comes to the "real" thing, though, I like coke better than pepsi. Any thoughts on this soda drinkers?

*Finally, a story. Today I was sitting at my desk (which is in the dining room) and Piper was happily asleep on his bed (which is also in the dining room). There I was just writing my to-do list for the day when I heard a loud thud! I looked over and Piper had rolled off of his bed into the table. He was quite startled (as he must have been in a deep, deep sleep) and just couldn't get up. When he was finally able to get his feet under him, he looked at me and I was laughing (of course) and he was so sad! People. This was hilarious. His bed is maybe 4 inches from the floor. He rolled into the table. And couldn't get up. I guess you had to be there.

The moment you've all been waiting for, I'm sure! I captured what we have finished in the nursery on a little video for you! I've been a busy bee working on the nursery. I've washed all things baby, I've organized over and over until the right way came along. I walk in the room several times a day and just smile. It's very surreal, still, that we're going to be parents and our lives are going to change so drastically in just a few weeks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

We ALL loved it!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful Ashley...I am SOOOOO excited for you!!!!

Megan said...

Oh, I am totally a diet pepsi snob. I only drink diet coke when I have to...like at a restaurant.

Erin said...

ADORABLE!! I love it and he will, too. (Well...one day...)

Jeannie said...

I giggled and grinned throughout the entire tour!! Your voice, your descriptions, DANG, I miss you! I love the bedding, the changing table cover - MM! You have great taste.

Hope loved that Bumpo thing, until she got so fat that I couldn't pull her out - I had to literally pull each one of her chunky thighs out of the leg holes!!!!

Jen said...

sweet little room for the baby, Ashley. :)

How close is your hospital? a short drive?

What lens did you decide to get for you camera?

Baby Hancock said...

"Eye Wike It?" as Cooper would say! Its cozy and wonderful!

Beth said...

I have a very hard time with the Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke line. I have a revolving favorite. I definitely think DP is sweeter. And I prefer it from a fountain, but DC from a can. This is something I think about often.... ;)