Sunday, March 22, 2009

One week down...

In case you wanted to see what the cutest baby in the world looks like, here he is! These are pictures from yesterday because he was one week old! I can't believe it! It's so weird and surreal and incredible! We're still adjusting, as you can imagine, but trying to enjoy as much as we can while learning. We are ALL still learning so much, so fast.

Looking at momma...
Trying to smile for the camera...
All bundled up and ready to go...

And one from today, for good measure. Benjamin and Patrick were conversing after breakfast...

I've found that the little things really help me through the day. A hot shower, some mascara, hot tea, stepping on the porch - all so simple, all so necessary, all so good! Patrick goes back to work tomorrow, so there are a lot of new lessons to be learned as I become a stay at home mom. Whew. This week has gone by so quickly, I can barely stand it :)

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hello darlin'
I love how alert he is! You've got a smart cookie on your hands, girl. Wow. First week. You did it! How's his little belly button?

Hope's birthday is next Sunday!! these March babies are pretty groovy...
LOVE LOVE LOVE

Lynnette said...

He is so cute!!! I love seeing pictures of him. I wish I could give him a squeeze!!

Cole said...

I know you are probably getting a lot of advice and if you ever want it, I will let you know what did and did not work in our life, but for now know that I am praying for you and your little one (and Patrick of course). They stay small for such a short time, so my best advice is hold him as MUCH as you want. Rock him and kiss him and love him-there is never too much affection to be given!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Especially the last one. Such a little man!

Hope you have a great week!!

Love you!