Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Al & James got married!!!

Oh my. I love weddings. My dear, dear friend Allyson got married last Saturday. What a joy it has been to walk with her through her dating relationship, engagement and then marriage. I did the wedding planner thing again. After this weekend, I've decided that I just can't be a wedding coordinator at weddings of people that I am close to. I felt like I missed a lot of the intimate moments that onlookers get to see as they celebrate and observe the newlyweds. I had a great time, but there was just so much to be done that I felt like I didn't get to celebrate as I would have liked. Plus, I just didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked (because you know me and pictures!) :)

The day was gorgeous and everyone looked great. Al's dress was perfect for her and she was beaming! I cried most of the ceremony and couldn't stop smiling as they recited their vows! The reception was fun with food and cookies galore and homemade wine (by Al's dad). I love Al and James' families. They were so much fun to be around. I'm sincerely excited to journey with Al and James!

For Al's wedding present, I made her a book - of sorts. Over the last year I have been writing in a journal - advice, thoughts, quotes - and adding pictures and such. It was sort of a scrapbook with ALL my thoughts on marriage :) I hope she enjoys it.

Ah. But now it's picture time. Enjoy!

My hip men at the rehearsal dinner...
The bridal party
Little flowers I made for Al's hair...
Al and I
Beautiful bride!
kissy, kissy
Cheesecakes...yum...
Cutting the cheese(cake). Ha! (sorry, I had to...)
Love of my life...
First dance
My sweet (tired) baby...
Cute kid! I'm definitely not ready to send this little guy off to another woman!

1 comment:

mama cindy said...

What a beautiful bride!!! A happy time was had by all!!!


P.S. A copy of the last picture would be nice......hint, hint!!! :)