Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cookbook Party

My friend, Erin, had a great blog idea! A cookbook (blog) party! Check out the post on her blog to get her inspiration. Meanwhile, I'm playing along and I look forward to seeing everyones answers! Comment (on my blog or Erin's) with your answers OR blog your answers to share with the world :)

1. What is your favorite, go-to, never fail, use it all the time cookbook (or magazine)?
*My favorite magazines to cook from are Cooking Light and Bon Appetit. My go to cookbook would be the Ultimate Southern Living cookbook. I always enjoy flipping through these (or any) cooking magazine or cookbook, though.

2. Why?
*Every month I can find something great to cook from either magazine (usually both!). I just started getting BA and love it more than other cooking magaizines I've read. The Ultimate Southern Living cookbook is one that my mother in law uses and after reading through her several times, I got one myself. There are some great recipes in there and tons that I haven't even tried yet. All three are tried and true.

For good measure here is a small list of others I use on a fairly regular basis:
Taste of Home - Grandma's Favorites
The Bon Appetit Fast, Easy, Fresh cookbook
Small-Batch Baking
Joy of Cooking
The Cookie and Biscuit Bible
The Best of Cooking Light

3. Where do you keep your cookbooks/recipes?
*Oh boy. There are SO many! The ones I use most often are in a basket on my kitchen cart or on the shelf right above it. I also have several in the hutch and on a cupboard (in the dining room). I have to purge them every so often because I can always find a cookbook to buy :)


4. Do you menu plan? If so, what gets made every week?
*I do meal plan and I believe I've even blogged about it. It's a great system for us and I love to figure out new things to make. I've been meal planning for 4 years and really enjoy it. I don't intend on stopping any time soon! I like to pick a cookbook each month and plan from it, so I use all of my cookbooks.

As for something that gets made every week, that's a tough one. We eat chicken every week and I make homemake pizza a lot, but I just don't think there is one thing we eat each week! I do know the things Patrick really enjoys and try to make those pretty often. Plus, there are a few things that I love to eat that I'll throw in the rotation once a month or so.


Simple and easy! Tell me about your cookbooks and meals!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for playing along!! I use Taste of Home a lot, too!

Lynnette said...

Hi Ashley! I still use the recipes I copied from you back at your Sugar Land apartment several years ago when we had lunch and chatted together. Lisa's Surprise is a favorite of my mom and Chester!!