Monday, September 28, 2009

New (to us) table...

As I previously mentioned, a friend was giving away her dining set and we gladly offered to take it. We're doing good so far on dining room tables. We bought our first one at Ikea, which is now in our rental house. Our second table was a hand-me-down from Kent (previously from Jason & Cindy) and lasted us a while and saw us through a lot of family meals, holiday dinners and parties galore :) It now resides with some friends. They live up the street, so we can visit it if we miss it.

Our third table, also a hand-me-down, is more of a "grown up" table if you ask me. Our friend gave us the matching buffet too, which is wonderful and we're very thankful. There are a few bumps and knicks on the table and chairs, but it's in good condition. The only thing we had to do was reupholster the chairs.

Patrick is a whiz at handy things like this and took this little project and ran with it. I must say he did a fabulous job reupholstering! We picked out similar fabric (we had no clue! ha!), so the before and after are pretty telling. I'm so pleased with our new dining room set!

Oval table, six chairs and a buffet...
Close up of the buffet...

The before and after of the chairs...
Cute picture of my baby, for good measure... (Patrick put this hat on him)
My men. So precious! Also for good measure...

1 comment:

mama cindy said...

I love it!!! You guys did a wonderful job on the chairs!! :)