Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You should make these...

I was browsing Martha Stewarts website and came across these little treats. They were quick to make (as in 10 minutes, flat) and quite tasty. Not to mention they are not bad for you! Woohoo! I had some leftover rice krispies and wanted to get rid of them before I made more rice krispie treats because I eat most of them and they are terrible for me. What a fantastic way to have a snack and use up cereal :)

Peanut Butter Granola Balls -

Makes 24

  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 cup crisp rice cereal
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup dried fruit
  1. In a small saucepan over medium, heat honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until loosened and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats, and dried fruit.
  2. Drop mixture by the tablespoon into mini paper cupcake or candy liners. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Some tweaking notes: I also threw in some coconut with my cranberries and it is very yummy. Also, I only used 1 tbsp of butter and added a little more PB and honey. And I tossed in just a little over a cup of oats. I love oats. I'm thinking banana chips would be great in here!

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

ooh...yummy. anything with pb i am game for making plus i have leftover crispies too!
thanks ashley..hope all is well in your world!

Al said...

these sounds wonderful! thanks!