Friday, April 2, 2010

Packing and such

The movers are here. They are packing our lives into cardboard boxes. This and that, things we love, things we don't love. Everything into a box.

I didn't think we had a lot of stuff, but it seems that there are more boxes than I can count and they've only been here for two hours. There are still things on the walls and sheets on our bed. Maybe when those things have been packed into a brown box I'll realize we're leaving. It just hasn't sunk in yet.

I have spent most of my "free" time in the last week packing bags for us to live out of for the next week to 10 days. I have quite a large pile on our dining room table of things we need to have before we go. The couch is covered with toys and books and bags and coats, so they don't get packed. I am starting to dread packing the car. If I thought I felt unsettled before, seeing my home packed into hundreds of boxes just adds to the unsettledness.

I'm so tired today. Well, actually, I've been pretty tired the last ten days. I just can't get enough sleep, but there's never time to get extra. There are calls to make, bags to pack, food to use. I think I prefer moving across town, rather than across the country.

We've got a busy weekend planned and I'm looking forward to it. Going away party tonight, running a 10k in the morning, moving sale (of sorts) tomorrow afternoon, Easter and spending as much time as I can loving Indiana and my friends here.

I think I should go get a coffee.

No comments: