Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cupcake overload

So, there is this place called Cuppies & Joe in OKC. It's wonderful. It's basically my dream coming true for someone else. A bakery, a coffee shop, a cute, old house, live music and comfy couches. *Sigh*

Patrick and I found it on Friday night. I've been wanting to go for quite some time and even drove down before we met P for lunch, thinking I could get him a cupcake. No. They don't open until noon. Bummer. So, after our dinner (it was date night) we headed to C & J. It was love at first sight AND bite!

I got the Sammy G, which is a chocolate cupcake with a German chocolate and frosting top. Oh.my.soul. It was delicious. Patrick got the Chocolate Rain, chocolate cake, chocolate icing. That's how my man rolls, y'all. They were so good and the atmosphere was just wonderful.

Saturday night, Amy and I had a girls night. After pedicures I talked her into going back to C & J. It didn't take much convincing and off we went. This time I got the Sass-a-fras - red velvet with buttercream icing. SOOOOO good! Amy got the Lemony something and she really enjoyed it. I decided to get Patrick one, because I'm sweet like that, and he requested (again) Chocolate Rain. I thought I should get one for us to share later. Boom Boom Pow. Vanilla cupcake, chocolate icing, caramel and sea salt. (Kent, are you reading this? Come back. You have to try this!!! Seriously. You'll love it.)

Just to make things clear: I didn't have the Boom Boom Pow yesterday, I ate it today. But I didn't share it. Oops. We did share, however, the Boom Boom Pow cupcake we got tonight at church (they were having a concert and C&J was there! Bonus!). I'm hooked, friends! Come visit me in OK and I'll take you there and we'll have a fabulous time. Yes, this is kind of a bribe. Just come, you won't be sorry :)

3 comments:

mama cindy said...

Yummo!!!! That's a place I want to visit when I come down!!! :)

Meghan Foulk said...

You couldn't have found this before my visit?!?!?!?!?!?

Courtney said...

I'm with Meghan; where was this place back in May? Guess I'll have to come back sometime. :)