Sunday, January 23, 2011

Healthy foods...

I love reading Real Simple. I have a special way to "browse" the magazine before I dive in. And when it shows up in my mailbox, I'm pretty excited! I mean, really, there's always practical advice, humorous stories and recipes I can enjoy making. Although, they don't seem to realize that spending $298 on a {gorgeous} top might be a little extravagant for most people. That's okay though. I'll keep reading...and looking.

Anyways, the January and February issues have been fabulous! And a particularly favorite article was from February's issue! It's a great read on ways to eat better (which includes eating dessert every day!) and then has a list of the "30 Healthiest Foods". I'm all about healthy foods! Reading this list made my heart long for Spring (and Summer) a little.

Fresh, local, abundant produce! Warmer air! More variety! Open windows! Sauteed vegetables and fresh berries! Check it out to see what you can add to your diet that might just give your body a little boost! I was super pleased to see so many things that I already love on the list!

And, while you're over there, check out their suggestions for smoothies! What's not to love about a smoothie?!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I agree with the outlandish clothes/bags -- what's up with that? I just always feel calmer after reading Real Simple....