Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Operation: Name Beta

Today I am 33 weeks pregnant and we still have not agreed on a name for sweet Beta. In fact, I'm guessing some of you will call Beta "Beta" even after he has a name. It may just be something that sticks.

Our reason for wanting to find a name before Beta arrives is so that Benjamin can start calling him a {real} name. We want Benjamin to be ready for him, as much as possible, and know his little brother by name.

Unlike when I was pregnant with Benjamin, I don't feel like I have to call this baby something other than Beta, or baby, or sweet boy until I see his face. I'm convinced that I'll know his name when I see him, but I also want to have a name for him now.

There are four names in the running at this point. I don't love one of them. In fact, I'm not sure if there is a name I truly love right now for this baby boy. I don't mind the way they sound, or the way the look. I don't even mind the names on our list at all. I just don't think any of them are right for Beta. This is why it's so hard for us to name our baby.

So Patrick made a goal for us: Have two {2} names picked out by Wednesday {today!} night and we can narrow it down from there.

Here we are on Wednesday...with nothing. A name that Patrick likes and me with a indecisive mind. But by tonight we will have two names picked out that could potentially be the name of our baby. Finally.

But I can't promise we'll share. I mean, there's only seven weeks left now. What's seven more weeks if you {we} have waited this long :) And this could {possibly} be my last random, pointless blog about naming baby boy #2! Yeah for you!!!!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Tolan! Diggory! Ransom! Just thought I'd add to the pile of names P-Dawg would reject...