Monday, June 27, 2011

MIA...

Did you think I was gone!? Fear not! I am here and I will tell you the absolute truth...

I got an iphone.

And it sucks me in and I just don't get on my computer. And I play "words with friends" with Kate almost constantly. And I can check my email and get texts and go on the internet with ease. But I miss blogging.

We had family here for almost three weeks. Sooooo great. And I promise you'll get pictures from that rocking time very soon. And I should put some sort of Andrew update on here. He's 6 weeks today! Until then...

Five things I'm loving right now:
1. Sweet, sweet baby snuggles. Andrew loves to touch me. When he's nursing he puts his hand on mine. When he's asleep on me his arms wrap around me. When I'm holding him, his hand is on my chest - or down my shirt.

2. Instagram for my iphone. I can make normal pictures even better! Want to see some? Oh, okay...

Sorry it's sideways. But they are so cute, tilt your head and enjoy :)

5 and 1/2 weeks...
27 months...


3. Running. Maybe that one shouldn't count. I always love running. But my recovery has been so fantastic and so quick and I've been running for three weeks and it never fails to make me feel incredible and strong and rested {believe it or not}. Ahhhh...

4. The way Benjamin asks to watch "Tickey Mouse". That's Mickey Mouse, for those of you without toddlers :) I encourage it, per usual. I like when he says things that are so cute and sweet and will probably change into the real word next week.

5. Seeing old friends when they travel! We got to see the Weigner's last week as they were on they way to Texas and the Collins' yesterday as they were on their way home from Texas! I love that our friends have to travel through Oklahoma :) And it was so nice seeing them and catching up!

Five things I do not love right now:
1. Terrible two's combined with having a new brother for my big boy. The last week has been AWFUL. I'm so drained emotionally and mentally because of him. I can't get through the day without Jesus. Lots and lots of praying. And coffee. It's been so hard and I keep reminding myself that it's a stage and will eventually fade away. Lord willing.

2. Lack of sleep. I do not need to explain this one. Although I will say that I get very, very cranky when I don't sleep. Pray for Patrick ;) Also, it does not help that, while the little one sleeps, the bog one {still} does not. One hour naps are bot sufficient for him or me!

3. The hot, hot weather that we're having. Ugh! The high temperature hasn't been below 100 for a few days and shows no signs of relenting anytime soon. Although, we did get a great storm this morning. I like storm clouds instead of full sun.

4. The fact that Patrick and I haven't been on a date since before AR was born.

5. Knowing that P is going to be gone a lot {well, for him it's a lot} this summer. I'm trying to mentally prepare for this. I'm not doing great.

Okay. More later. Baby needs to eat again :)

No comments: