Friday, July 8, 2011

Beautiful feet...

Patrick and I have the privilege of knowing quite a few people who are serving the Lord through missions - here in the states or overseas. It's such a joy to pray for them, or support them financially, as they share the gospel. The truth of the gospel changed my life forever and I don't want anyone to miss out on hearing it!

"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” - Romans 10:14-15

In 2003 I was able to go to Venezuela for six weeks. I can honestly say that those six weeks changed me. I left so oblivious and naive. I had no clue of the world beyond me. I was constantly striving to please others. I wasn't even sure of who I was, really. But then I went. I was out of my comfort zone. I spent a lot of time by myself. I spent a lot of time with people who didn't speak English, and we communicated {and had a lot of fun!}. I enjoyed a different culture. I talked about Jesus, in Spanish, to a lot of people. I grew, and learned and started becoming a woman.

More than all of that, though, I saw God move. I saw Him change lives because of the glory I shared and lived in. I saw Him answer prayers. I saw Him bring a group of college students together to make moves in Maracaibo. I saw God do things only God can do. And I was in awe and in love.

I never thought I would be a missionary, but I was not opposed to it {well, until I had stuff to get attached too...another struggle for another day}. When I met Patrick, we both understood missions and the importance. We have tried to make sure that even though we were not "going" we were doing as much as we could to "send". Patrick has not been on a missions trip and has always talked about going.

The church we go to is really fantastic about making missions a priority. Not just "go here and there once a year" kind of missions, but missional living to the fullest and sending groups consistently throughout the year to various places around the world to share the love of God! It's such a blessing to be apart of this vision. But it's more than a vision, friends, it's what we're called to do as believers!

With all of this said, I want to share with you that Patrick has the opportunity to go on a missions trip this summer! He's pretty excited. I can't wait for him to see God do things and change him and teach him while he's gone. Hopefully, this is the first of many trips our family can take over the years.

I tell you this now in hopes that you'll begin praying for him, for us. Patrick leaves for Wales on August 5th and will be gone until the 14th. It's a long time for him to be away and I'm a little nervous, but we know God has called him to do this. This opportunity is beyond excitement for my husband, it's a chance to "live according to calling we have received". When we talk about it I can see Patrick's joy and anticipation for this trip!

We covet your prayers.
*Please pray that God would begin working in the mission team and preparing them to go. This is a construction trip, so there will be a lot of work to do.
*Please pray that the team can get into the country with no problems, as it is opposed to sharing religion and faith.
*Pray that hearts, in Wales, would be softened to the gospel and that they wouldn't be numb to or shrug off the gospel. May apathy no longer be an options them.
*Pray that Patrick would be able to go without worry or concern for the boys and I.
*Pray that we would be able to save or find extra money to financially support this trip.
*Pray that God would move in incredible, breath taking, awe inspiring ways!

Sharing the gospel isn't something we can do alone. It's a group effort. It's praying for one another and encouraging one another. It's living a life that magnifies the name of Jesus and brings Him glory. It's partnering together to show the world that without Christ we are nothing and hopeless and lost. But with Christ, we are free and full of joy and living with a purpose and a hope for eternity.

And in praying may God move your beautiful feet, that you may be spurred on to share the good news of the good things of Jesus! I will keep you updated, for sure!

{P.S. As I was writing this, Benjamin came in and said, "what are you doing" and I said, "writing a blog about daddy's missions trip. B looked at me and said, "I go on missions trip." Sweet boy. Then he asked for fruit snacks. Toddlers.}

No comments: