Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I love Valentine's Day --

I really do love Valentine's Day.  I always have.  In fact, I believe I always will!  I think it's wonderful -- full of love and hearts and cheerful things like that.  If you have any angst in you, then you probably dislike all of those things.  But just because I love it....

hearts.love.cheer.laughter.hearts.candy.flowers.love.hearts.yeah. yeah. yeah. yeah!

Enough rubbing -- here is my point:  I have three very lovely Valentine's.  I have one incredible husband and two wee little men who I can't help but love deeply.  And I'm fairly certain that each of my boys thinks the world of me.  Lucky, lucky us!

I'm grateful, mostly, for God's love.  He loved me so much that He sent His Son to die for my sins -- and I don't say that lightly.  The power and magnitude of that should be life changing and overwhelming.   Real love died on a cross for everything disgusting in me, so I may live a full life -- eternally.

Words cannot describe my gratitude that God saw it fit that Patrick become my husband.  Each day with him is better than the last.  We have seen awful and hard times together, but we've seen joy unspeakable hand in hand.  I love that each new season draws us closer together and that the Lord is constantly allowing us to learn more about each other.  I love growing with this man!

Patrick makes me want to be more like Jesus.  His faith challenges and encourages mine.  His wisdom blesses me daily.  And that man can make me laugh so hard! I love being his wife.

I love watching him change.  I love seeing him as a daddy.  I love that we want to be together and want to experience together.  I love that -- in this hard and very challenging and overwhelming and oh-so beautiful season -- we haven't lost us.  We fight for it and embrace it and look forward to long trips alone and date nights galore!

Patrick will always be home to me and love to me like nothing else.  God shows me love in new and tangible ways through Patrick every day.  And I am so humbled and blessed.

I loved Valentine's Day before I got married -- it's just now, I have this huge and beautiful thing to celebrate -- divine love through a simple {and handsome and wonderful} man from an Almighty, never-changing, always loving, kind God.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!


1 comment:

mama cindy said...

Yes, you have always loved Valentine's Day. I'm glad that you still love it!!!