Monday, April 2, 2012

Meaningful Monday...

I've been seeking the face of God so diligently lately.  I've been looking for answers and direction and guidance.  I've been pursuing peace and rest and freedom.  It's been so incredible.

I've always struggled with wanting to be in control, or to at least know the next step.  Something.  And as Patrick and I have prayerfully considered the "next steps" for us, God has repeatedly revealed Himself to us and allowed me to rest joyfully in Him.  I do not know what the future holds for us, but I do know that my God is the one who holds it. Bless the Lord, oh my soul!

The last four weeks have been so good, and so hard.  I've cried over sin and idols.  I've rejoiced at accountability and wisdom that the Lord has placed in my life.  I have wrestled deeply and long with the Lord over things that needed to be placed in His hands and taken out of mine.  I've seen, first hand, the incredible joy that comes from the kindness of God that leads to repentance.  And friends, He is more than kind!

My heart is humbled and overwhelmed by the Lord these days -- in such a good way.

I wanted to share this passage with you that has given me such peace and perspective.  There are many verses that have brought me to my knees, that have revealed more of the Lord to me, that have convicted me, that have given me more hope in Him.  But today, I share this:

"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you.  For the LORD is the God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him.
For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more.  He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry.  As soon as He hears it, He answers you.  And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet the Teacher will not hide Himself anymore, yet your eyes shall see your Teacher.  And your ears shall hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.  Then you will defile your carved idols over-laid with silver and your gold-plated metal images.  You will scatter them as unclean things.  You will say to them, 'Be gone!' -- Isaiah 30:18-22




No comments: