Monday, April 16, 2012

Meaningful Monday...

Monday. {insert deep sigh}

I usually don't mind Mondays.  
Now, Thursdays -- they can get to me, but Monday's are pretty routine and fun for us.  The Y, grocery store, errands, playing. 

Today we just helped a friend for a bit.  And came home. 

Oh, and I've been awake since 3 am.
Sweet Andrew didn't sleep well.  He finally went back to sleep around 6.
B woke up at 6:20.

Want to know what I did with my 20 minutes?

I read my bible.
And I cried.  
But that's because I don't function too well when I wake up at 3am.

But God's Word is so good, friends.  Whatever you're doing.  Whatever you're going through.  That's your answer: Truth.

"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than, gold even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward."
*Psalm 19:7-11

David wasn't talking about legalism here.  
He was talking about loving the Word of God because it's perfect and sure and right and pure and clean and true.  It's holy and beautiful and always the best place for us to find encouragement and joy and peace and Jesus.

It makes me think of Psalm 63:1 --
"O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You;
my soul thirsts for You;
my flesh faints for You,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

Yes! I long to earnestly seek him, for my soul to thirst for Him.  I want to long for the Lord like I do when I'm running in the afternoon and it's 90 degrees and all I want is shade and water and rest.  I want everyday to feel like that so my heart faints for more of the Lord.

I'm so grateful for God's Word this morning as I am so tired and utterly helpless without the strength of my God.  I'm grateful for His grace -- that I've received by the blood of Christ -- and that I can extend toward my babies.  I'm grateful for forgiveness, from the Lord and from my boys as I loose my patience and temper with them.  I'm grateful for His patience because I have none today.

Basically, I'm grateful for the Lord.  I don't think my words could ever speak the magnitude of emotions in my heart toward Him.  

And days like today are so hard and so wonderful because they keep me humble and at the feet of Jesus.  That's where I desire to reside -- always.  

How is YOUR Monday meaningful?

No comments: