Monday, April 23, 2012

Meaningful Monday

"Do not fear! Has not God helped you in every plight already?  When we cast our cares on the Lord, to do as He wills, at no time will He be unkind...Mercy will always balance misery; strength will always support burden.  The Lord is our friend; He will never be our foe." 
-Spurgeon

This is exactly what I needed to be reminded of today.  

No matter what is going on around me or within me, God is not confused or unkind or unmerciful or unknowing.  He is, in fact, in full control and full of kindness and mercy.  And no matter what seems good or bad, to me -- it does not matter.  It's simply the plan of the Almighty -- and it's perfect and good and kind in every way.

I'm just trying to remember to cast my cares on Him to do as He wills -- not as I will.  

Surrendering my will and myself at the feet of Jesus is a daily battle.  But it's never, ever been anything other than worth it.  He is my Hope and my joy.  He is better than anything I would will or think or imagine.  He is more than enough.  Every day.  My God is more than enough for me.  

Even in terrible trial.  
Even in complete joy.  

It's all about Him. It's all because of Him.  It's all for Him.
And in that I will find great peace and sweet comfort.
{And maybe some rational and perspective!}

No comments: