Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lemon Blueberry bars

I saw this recipe the other day on a blog I read.  It sounded like something easy to whip up for our Memorial Day cookout.  But I had to tweak it.

The recipe seemed kind of boring, so I added a few things and voila! A really tasty and very easy dessert!

What you'll need:
6 oz - blueberries
1 package - lemon pudding mix
1/2 package - vanilla pudding mix
3 cups - milk
2 cups - Cool Whip
1 1/2 cups - ground graham crackers
1/3 cup - sugar
6 tbsp - melted butter

For the crust:
Blend graham crackers until fine.
Add sugar and melted butter
Stir until mixed and then use hands to mush together.
Pour into a greased 11x13 baking dish

For the sweet goodness:
Prepare pudding as directed {Of course you'll just prepare the 1/2 mix of vanilla with 1 cup of milk -- since it's only half...}
Stir in Cool Whip
Add blueberries
Pour over crust

Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
Thaw an hour before serving.

I love the way these turned out! And Benjamin loved that he got to help me make them.

Not bad for tweaking and adding as I go!  Enjoy :)

No comments: