Monday, June 11, 2012

Meaningful Monday.

Did you miss my meaningful Monday posts? Oh, you didn't even realize I missed about a month of Mondays?  That's okay -- we'll start afresh. ;)

We sang this song a couple of weeks ago at church and I couldn't stop the tears.  These words are so meaningful to me!

"I come broken to be mended.
I come wounded to be healed.
I come desperate to be rescued.
I come empty to be filled.

I come guilty to be pardoned
by the blood of Christ, the Lamb.
And I'm welcomed with open arms,
praise God, just as I am.

Just as I am I would be lost,
but mercy and grace my freedom bought.
And now to glory in Your cross,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come."
Do you ever feel so grateful that you just can't contain it?  God's mercy, His redemption plan, His forgiveness, my sanctification, His glory -- I just can't help but praise Him.  I'm so glad that He has revealed Himself to me so vibrantly lately.  

I'm so grateful for my struggles and my tears.  
Those things have lead me to the foot of the cross in powerful ways.
I'm grateful for my blessings too, don't get me wrong.  
They are beyond plentiful and undeserved. 

I love God's plan.  
Even if it means sorrow and tears and something different that what I planned.  
I love His sovereignty!

Here I am -- broken, but God is mending me.  Wounded, but healed by Him. Desperate, but rescued by the mercy of God Almighty.  Empty, but filled -- overflowing even!  Guilty, but pardoned by the blood of Christ.  

He holds me.  He carries me.  He loves me.  
He never grows weary or tired in trials, in hard days.  
He sustains me and pours into me all I need.  

Just as I am.  
No need to change or work on anything.  
He does that in His time. 
There is no need for perfection, because only He is perfect.  
There is no need for endless "works" and fulfilling the "law".
Jesus' death gave me freedom and grace.  
God isn't about anything other than bringing me to Himself -- just as I am -- for His glory. 

Praise God I can come, just as I am.
And so can you.


No comments: