Friday, June 8, 2012

The things Benjamin says...

Benjamin says some pretty great things.  Seriously.  Sometimes I shake my head, other times I grab him and give him a lot of kisses.  In those times, I just can't contain myself.  Kisses are beyond necessary!

There are many things I don't want to forget.  And this is the best place for me to keep them.  So, enjoy the musings of my three year old...


On a regular basis, B will snuggle up to me and say, "Momma.  You're my best mom." Ugh!  To this I reply: "YOU are my best Benjamin!"

Last night as I was putting him to bed we were talking about what he was going to be when he grows up {a fire truck} and if he was going to get married. Our conversation went like this:
Me: Are you going to be married like mommy and daddy?
B: Yes. I will marry Averie.
Me: Well that will be fun.  You get to live with her and have fun.  But don't live with a girl until you are married. Okay? {I had to let him know the rules NOW.}
B: Ok. I don't want to get married now.
Me: Why?
B: Because I want to stay with you.
Me: {heart melting a little} Ok! But I will remind you of this when you're 22.
B: Mommy. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Me: A momma.
B: Why? {I mean, it's a very valid question considering all I endure and put up with ;) !}
Me: Because being a momma is the best job in the entire world!
B: No. You won't be a mommy when you grow up.  You'll be a princess!
Me: {melting a little more} Oh! Well, I'd love to be a princess!
B: No. You won't be a princess now.  You'll be my fire man.
Me: I'll be your fire man, and you'll be a fire truck?
B: No. I'm a fire man, too.

B loves to snuggle.  At night when I put him down he'll say, "Don't leave mommy! Let's snuggle!" How can I say no to this?  Last night he told me he was "lonely" and that I couldn't leave so soon.  I don't really know if he understands the meaning of lonely -- but he certainly used it correctly!

Benjamin often tells me that something is "not fair".  He uses the phrase rather flippantly.  And I try not to laugh.

I love when B uses his imagination.  We fight and hide from a lot of dragons and large dinosaurs and monsters around here.  I'm not sure how he's not exhausted all the time!  Today I made him a treasure hunt to find a "treasure" {which was, in fact, very fantastically drawn and cut out shapes!}.  He was so excited and had so much fun.  I hid the "clues" twice in 20 minutes!

I have so much fun with this boy!  What an incredible blessing to be his momma!!

No comments: