Sunday, December 23, 2012

GGCH {ghetto graham cracker house}

I'm usually all over planning fun things for us to do. 
 And this year I figured I would be on top of things because I'm not pregnant OR nursing a baby.  My mind is all my own!
It's kind of nice.
Except, I'm not on top of it.
In fact, I ran to Target the other night to return something and while walking around {alone} I thought to myself, "Oh my soul! I don't have anything planned for Christmas Eve or Christmas day dinner."

If you know me, you know that this is extremely unlike me. 

Either way.  
I'm in-it-to-win-it with my boys, so I came up with something fun to do on Saturday.  I made some frosting {powdered sugar, vanilla, milk and cream of tarter} that would get pretty hard, but be edible and searched high and low for a box of graham crackers.  Which was very successful -- because I found TWO boxes.

The boys helped with mixing the icing and I unwrapped uneaten Halloween candy.
I absolutely and truly thought that putting together graham crackers to make a house would be so easy.  
It's not.  
I was simply incapable of making decent looking houses.  

So we decorated a tower house and a sleigh.
Make lemonade, right?
I happily call them the ghetto graham cracker house and sleigh.
And I'm perfectly okay with that.

My little helpers.

Working hard.

Andrew grabbed some crackers and ran. Then came back to watch us and do a little dance.  I was sad to have missed it in it's entirety, since my back was turned.  Oh well. Thanks to my sweet husband for taking some pictures!

Decorating!

My sweet B. He LOVES to help me in the kitchen.  And I'm so grateful for that.  I deeply desire to pass down my love of cooking and creating in the kitchen to the boys.

See the Starburst in his mouth?  He was so anxious to eat the candy.  And he only put the candy on because I told him he couldn't eat ANY of it until we were done decorating....

So, any other great and festive ideas I can do last minute?  ;)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness, Benjamin is totally making an Ashley face in the "working hard" picture! I love it. What a fun mom you are! I really aspire to be more like you in the way you play/teach/spend quality time with your kids.