Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday to my big boy!

Oh goodness. Four. 
My boy is four!
I sang "Happy Birthday" to him this morning when he woke up and he said, with incredible excitement, "THANK you!"  
That's kind of a good summary of this little guy.

Benjamin is so tender and so thoughtful.
He is energetic and likes to watch Curious George or Wild Kratts.
He snuggles and kisses and hugs so much.
He is growing into such a wise child.  
He is so curious and always has questions.  
He will figure out how something works or why something is the way it is.  
He wants to know what certain animals eat and how I'm cooking dinner.  
He wants to know how to fix things.
He loves to explore and go on treasure hunts.
He loves to draw and color and make pictures of bad guys in jail or a space shuttle.
He will do almost anything for a laugh and he gets a lot of them.
He pushes boundaries and always wants to know "why?".
He wants to do things his way, a lot. Which means obedience isn't very immediate.
He is introverted and doesn't like big crowds or a lot of people.
He can be so shy and then open up instantly.

His smile is contagious and his laugh is fantastic.
He is a free-spirit, with an incredible about of logic and rational.
Benjamin is such an intertwined mix of Patrick and I that it scares me sometimes.

He is an incredible big brother.  
Andrew thinks he hung the moon!
He is very good about including Andrew and makes his little brother follow him every where.
Andrew calls Benjamin "BG" and it's stuck.  

This little Benjamin -- an answer to prayer, a miracle to us, a gift from God -- he is our BG.  
One of a kind and incredibly wonderful.
Every night I tell the boys what a treasure they are to me and what a gift it is to be their momma.  And it's true.  I've never, ever know more beautiful boys in my life.

And I'm so grateful that Benjamin is ours.






Mini-Patrick, right here!








{I didn't get time to edit these, so just imagine how great they would be if they had been messed with a little!}

1 comment:

mama cindy said...

I can't tell you how many times I've been here today. I cannot believe he is already 4 years old. You captured him and his silly self perfectly....um 5x7 of the one of him leaning his head on the chair.... :) What a long awaited much anticipated, beautiful little boy....one of your many miracles. Love you, Mom