Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Come home already!

Patrick has been in Houston this past week. I really don't like when he leaves, but I know it's part of the job. The weather was bad over the weekend, so we separated a day early. Parting is such sweet sorrow. It's hard because I haven't seen my incredible husband for four and a half days. However, being apart is great because we have a beautiful reunion to look forward to. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

I get to see Patrick today! I am so excited to see his face and hug him and kiss him. It is in times like these that I grow more and more appreciative of my husband (and modern technology!). I am grateful that the Lord is trusting us with one another and with this time apart. It seems like our relationships grows a little more with every trip. I'm more mindful to pray for Patrick throughout the day. I'm more grateful for the times we get to talk and share about our days. I'm encouraged by what he is learning and how he is growing. So many good things can come out of a separation. Our engagement was long distance, so you think we would be use to this. No...it's harder every time.


It seems like days until I'll see Patrick, when it's really just ten hours. It feels like months since I've last seen him, when it's just been four days. While I don't enjoy being apart from Patrick too often, I love the way that the Lord meets me in my loneliness and grants me peace and comfort. I'm thankful that in these times He shows me how much I depend on Patrick rather than Him. How kind the Lord is to lead me to repentance. My heart is always humbled, knowing our lives are in God's hands. The time along helps me to refocus on the Lord and remember that He is my solid rock, my dependence, my security.

Oh, how I want Patrick to come home. But oh, how I love these sweet times with the Lord.

No comments: