Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Swimming

Since we've been training for the triathlon, I've had to swim a lot. I'm not a professional swimmer by any means, but I've really developed an affection for the water. There is something so relaxing, yet so invigorating about swimming laps. Even though in my training schedule I only swim two to three times a week, I would like to do it much more often.

I've been wanting to get a new swim suit because my old one is slowly falling apart. I've had to sew the seams back together at least three times. No good. I've looked everywhere, but not too many athletic bathing suits are available yet. Not to mention that I'm very picky about the suit I want.

I found one I liked at Dick's, but it was $60. Whoa! I like the suits at Target, but they are not out yet. I went the outlet mall in Hagerstown today, but didn't find anything (I did HOWEVER find a 4 cup Brown Betty got $7.99. Score!). I'm getting slightly discouraged, but I am hopeful that Target will release their highly anticipated Champion swim wear line VERY soon. Even if I'm the only one highly anticipating, it should be released.

So, I'm waiting. This is a great lesson for me. Waiting. I don't always get what I want, when I want it. Although, I would enjoy that thoroughly. The Lord is refining me and I'm trusting that my patience will be rewarded with a really great swim suit! :)

No comments: