Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Hero...

On Sunday, Patrick participated in the 2007 MedExpress Mountaineer Triathlon. It was an Olympic distance race - 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 10k. He did SO GOOD! He finished in 3 hours and 28 minutes! I am so proud of him.

He was quite nervous before the race, but he did fine. We watched them do the swim and then at a few other points. The Lord was SO sweet to let me see Patrick several times. I would scream and yell for him. It was so much fun. I LOVE being Patrick's cheerleader!!!

I waited at the finish line for Patrick with some friends and just as I was starting to get a little anxious, Patrick came running through! He told me he couldn't stop and the people at the finish line had to stop him. I got him some food and water and that helped him a lot.

He was such a champ and he really did an incredible job! What a great accomplishment! I couldn't be more proud of my husband!

Pre-race with Patrick, Ashley, Carol, Kent & Breena

Patrick running from the swim to the bike transition area

Patrick coming up on the finish line!

After the finish line! What a hottie!

Patrick & Ashley post race...Patrick was so tired and I was so excited for him!

4 comments:

mama cindy said...

YEAH Patrick!!!! I love the new tattoo on his upper arm! ::grin::

Jeannie said...

P-DAWG! Way to go!!

Aaron thinks you two should go sailing for about two months...I said I'd get back to him on that one.

P McB said...

never been sailing, sounds fun... when do we leave?

theroyalgarcias said...

Yeah! Love the shaved head and the goat. 1 mile swim--that alone is a HUGE accomplishment! Congrats!