Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Before I forget...

First - thank you all SO much for your prayers regarding this fertility stuff. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and how tenderly the Lord has cared for me since it all began!

Okay, I had a phone conference with my fertility doctor yesterday. She was super sweet and very talkative! She answered a lot of my questions before I even asked them. She was worried about my test levels (we knew this) and took it upon herself to get a second opinion.

It turns out that her mentor is one of the top PCOS doctor in the world (nation, maybe?), so she talked to him about my test results and such. I felt so cared for. She took her job seriously and cares about my body enough to find out what was going on through another doctor.

Her mentor said that I, indeed, have a severe case of PCOS, but he has seen levels like mine before. SO, she is starting me on Provera this week and then we'll go from there! I should be taking Clomid about the second or third week of January, if everything goes correctly. After that it's a lot of patience and blood work until we know something further.

I would love you all to pray for me and with me as we continue down this foreign road. We're so excited and hopeful that the Lord has good things waiting for us. But we're realistic enough to know that this is a process and there is still much to be learned!

Also, twins and triplets run in my family. Wouldn't it be cool to have twins? Just sayin...

6 comments:

Baby Hancock said...

Ashley-

I just keep having faith for you...think of J Shrewsberry and Libby...babies that "shouldn't" be here according to medicine. God wanted them here and so He said "phtewy" on the odds and gave them to their parents! I trust that God has a little miracle baby/babies waiting for you, too!

Love,
Nina

Anonymous said...

Let's go for triplets! Just kidding! :) Always praying. Love you.

alanreynolds said...

Royce, I didn't know you guys were struggling through this. Courtney has PCOS, so we know (somewhat) the struggle that goes along with that. I hope it all works out (like I wouldn't be a giant butthole if I said otherwise....but still, I mean it).

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
Hope the Provera works...but if it should not...don't lose heart...it didn't work for me, and the Clomid still worked...so keep up the good work of living and enjoying life as you know it right now...triplets would certainly change things!
Love,
Shannon

Jen said...

praying for/with you, Ashley!

Unknown said...

Ashley, you and Patrick are in my prayers. I've been having a hard time with this pregnancy stuff myself lately. I wish you all the best and I too (like Nina) believe that God has a little one, or two or three, in mind for you. Keep us updated!