Thursday, December 20, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

It's the little things in life that really make me happy. You know, those sweet surprises that make you smile or giggle or just bring you joy. Things...happy, funny, relaxing things. People things, body things, thing things. Memory making, pleasure taking, pampering me things.

I think Oprah has it right in picking out, several times a year, her favorite things. While I'm not rich and famous and certainly don't have much influence that would make you want to run out a grab my favs, I wanted you to know some of my favorite things right now. And I mean, not just buyable things...but a lot of things:

(in no particular order...)

*Clinique Cream Shaper for eyes in Chocolate Lustre

*Burt's Bees chapstick

*Eat'n'Park dinners with Patrick

*Red Hunter rain boots
*H2O Sea Marine Shampoo and Conditioner

*Johnson and Johnson Calming body lotion...ahhhhhh.

*Snow, snow, snow...

*Old Navy, Sweetheart jeans, size 6 (this is the best fit for me, but enjoy whatever size works best for you!), medium fade or whatever

*Barry Manilow Christmas CD, featuring the song "Count Your Blessing" (from White Christmas!)

*Making homemade cards
*Shortbread sandwiches (a Christmas cookie that I invented, although I'm sure they've been made before by someone...and it's probably copywrited and I have no idea. oh well.)

*Country Living, Cooking Light, Real Simple magazines...

*layering a random t-shirt with some of my favorite sweaters.

*Skim vanilla latte, with a little whipped cream on top. Yum!


What are some of YOUR favorite things?!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for asking, Ash! It was fun to think about this...

~fresh-out-of-the-oven choc chip cookies w/ a glass of cold milk

~reading with my girls in our king bed

~holding hands with Brian as we explore a new town

~my electric blanket warmed up to 5 before crawling into bed

~guilt free naps in the sun

Jeannie said...

ah, inspiring...here ya go -

my skecher sneakers

climbing into bed after a warm shower

designing a cool page in my albums

writing on my blog

taking a picture that takes my breath away

being in the middle of an excellent book

my ipod shuffle

flight of the conchords and the office and talking about them with you :)

young wife&mom said...

i'm with you on barry...and snow

ben-anywhere, anytime

caleb's giggles and laughs and random thoughts

the way jack scrunches his nose before smiling

white chocolate peanut butter on anything

olay's in shower body lotion (for busy mom's)

opening the dishwasher and finding out it is alreay empty!

shopping by myself

staying at home..with my boys..enjoying the blessings of this life God has given me:)

merry christmas ashley...you are full of life and you shine like the stars