Monday, February 11, 2008

Home again...

We just got home from a weekend in Phoenix. Kate was being honored at the HomeBase (a non-profit organization in Phoenix, helping kids get off the streets) dinner, and we went down to support her, encourage her and hang out with family.

The weather was so gorgeous, 75 degrees, the whole time. Ahhhhh....it was a refreshing break from this snowy, icy, single digit weather we are enduring. It made me want Spring to come quickly.

Also, we ate Greek food. I didn't think I would like it, because I do not like feta cheese, but I did. It was so good. I was hoping that we would come back to Indiana and find that someone had opened our very own, "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant". No such luck.

While we were in Phoenix, I started spotting and had some pretty bad side cramps. I called my doctor and they got me in this morning for an ultrasound. Apparently, everything is okay. I have a very large cyst on my left ovary, so they are assuming that the cyst (and it's smaller ovary mates) are bursting. It's quite uncomfortable. They want to see me again later in the week to check on the ovary.

Although it's nice to take trips, visit people we enjoy and go placese new and old, I always love coming home (a little nervous I won't want to come home from Europe, though). I'm going to go stretch out on the couch and watch the weather. We're suppose to get a snow storm! Yea!


P.S. Happy Birthday to the most incredible man, ever! My words just can not express my growing love and enjoyment of you! You're my favorite thing, Patrick McBride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you come to Morgantown we can go eat at Voyager's it's a Greek restaurant. Yum-o! I'm sorry you have that cyst, I know from experience how bad they hurt. Put a heating pad on your belly, sometimes that helps. Love you!